2 tbsp - Cumin seeds
2 tbsp - Coriander seeds
2 tbsp - Cardamom seeds
2 tbsp - Black peppercorns
1 no - Cinnamon, (3" stick)
1 tsp - Cloves
1 tsp - Nutmeg (Grated)
1/2 tsp - Saffron (optional)
Cooking Instructions :
- Dry roast the cumin, coriander, cardamom, peppercorns, cinnamon, and cloves in a heavy pan over medium-high heat.
- Roast the spices, stirring occasionally, until they turn several shades darker and give off a sweet smoky aroma, about 10 minutes.
- Grind the mixture to a powder using either a coffee grinder or a spice mill
- Stir in grated nutmeg and saffron
- Can be stored in a cool dry place for about 3 months. Make sure the container is airtight to retain the flavour