1/2 Cup - Cooked rice
1/2 kg - Raw rice
1 No - Grated coconut
3 tsp - Sugar
1/2 tsp - Yeast
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Soak raw rice for about 4 hours and drain.
- Blend with cooked rice and grated coconut in a blender.
- Mix sugar, yeast and salt in boiled water. Leave it for half hour.
- Add this mixture to the above ground mixture.
- Leave the mixture for fermentation, it is better it ferments for 8 hours.
- Spread this fermented mixture in a non-stick pan.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Appam is ready. Serve it with potato curry or coconut milk.
Enjoyed the recipe? Feel free to subscribe to World Cuisines by Email
Suggested Reading :
Breakfast recipe - Waffles
Breakfast recipe - Pancakes
Breakfast recipe - French toast