Chettinad Chicken is a very popular recipe from the chettinadu region. Chettiars hail from this region and the food preapred by the chettiars are wonderfully flavoured and the taste is out of the world. The name suggests the origin of this recipe. Lets see the recipe for chicken chettinadu.
1 - Chicken
1 tsp - Turmeric powder
1 tsp - Cayenne pepper
3/4 Inch piece - Ginger
1 tsp - Ground coriander
6 - Curry leaves
2 - Onions
2 - Garlic pods
2 Ounces - Kurumulaku
2 tbsp - Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup - peeled and chopped tomatoes
Salt to taste
- Chop the chicken into pieces.
- Fry chopped onions, ginger and garlic in the vegetable oil.
- Add remaining spices and fry for a few minutes.
- Add tomato pieces and salt. Fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well to coat them with the gravy.
- Put the lid and simmer the contents for about half an hour.
- The mixture would turn almost dry. Occasionally add a little water if required.
- Chettinad chicken is ready to serve.
Enjoy the full bodied gravy with rice or dosas. For more such recipes and articles delivered to your email inbox, subscribe to World Cuisines by Email
Suggested Reading :