It is a rice preparation with a lot of spices and meat. A wonderful concoction of various ingedients full of flavour and taste
• 1/2 kg Basmati Rice
• 1 kg Boneless meat
• 500 gm Curd
• 4-6 tsp Ginger-garlic paste.
• 4-6 Green chilli
• 2 Big onion
• 1/4 Cup limejuice
• 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
• A pinch of shazeera
• Finely chopped coriander leaves
• 8-10 Sticks mint leaves
• 2 Pinch saffron
• 1-2 Cinnamon
• 2-3 Cardamom
• Saffron color
• 1-2 Clove
• 2 Cup oil
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp Ghee
- Wash and chop the meat into square pieces.
- Marinate the mixture of meat and ginger garlic paste for an hour.
- In the meanwhile, chop the onions lengthwise and saute them in the oil on low heat till light brown.
- Cool these fried onions and crush them in a plate with your hand.
- Mix 3/4th of crushed fried onion, curd, red chilli powder, cinamon, green chilli paste, cardamon, shazeera, coriander leaves, clove, safron water, mint leaves and salt into the marinated meat.
- Leave the mixture for 1 hour.
- Wash the rice and cook it.
- Pour little water and add one tsp salt, shah zeera, cinamon, clove, cardamon, mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilli.
- When rice becomes half cooked, remove it from the flame.
- Drain the water completely.
- Spread this cooked rice over marinated meat.
- Add saffron color, limejuice, ghee and the remaining crushed onions over rice layer.
- Tightly cover with a lid.
- Keep on a low flame.
- Remove from the heat exactly after half an hour.
- Hyderabadi Biryani is ready to serve.
Enjoy your biryani with dahi raitha or mich ka salan. For more such recipes and articles you can choose to subscribe to World Cuisines by Email
Suggested Reading :
Mirch Ka Salan